Aromanite Aromatherapy Massage Oils
When you feel stress and tiredness taking over, find some time to give yourself a treat. Make your home massages memorable with Aromanite infused massage oils by customising your oils for the right mood. A few drops really go a long way.
Some of the benefits of massage include relaxation, reduced muscle tension, improved circulation and lymphatic drainage, reduced stress anxiety and depression, increased mobility, improved skin tone and recovery of soft tissue injuries.
How to make your own massage oil
In order to make your very own massage oil, you will need:
- Carrier oil
- Aromanite Essential Oils
- A bottle to store your oil in
Since Aromanite Essential Oils are distilled directly from the plants they are too potent to be applied directly to the skin. A carrier oil must be used to dilute the essential oil before making them safe for topical use.
Olive oil and coconut oil are two natural carrier oils that can be used for dilution. Olive oil is great for people with dry or sensitive skin, while coconut oil is very hydrating and nourishing for the skin.
Essential Oil Dilution
Essential oils are highly concentrated and must be diluted with a carrier oil. This process will help "carry" the oil into the skin for better absorption, spread further and protect the skin from irritation.
0.5% Essential Oil Dilution
- For essential oils being applied onto infants skin
- 1 drop Aromanite Essential Oil for every 2 tsp of carrier oil (10ml bottle)
1% Essential Oil Dilution
- For children over two years of age, pregnant or breastfeeding women, elderly, and adults with sensitive skin
- 3 drops Aromanite Essential Oil for every 2 tsp of carrier oil (10ml bottle)
2% Essential Oil Dilution
- For teens and adults
- 6 drops Aromanite Essential Oil for every 2 tsp of carrier oil (10ml bottle)
Why Dilute Essential Oils
- Essential oils evaporate way slower, giving them time to absorb into the skin
- Reduce the chance of skin reactions and irritation
- Saves you money because less essential oil is needed
- Makes spreading essential oils over large areas of skin easier
- Improves the effectiveness of essential oils
- Always dilute with a carrier oil before applying onto the skin
- Never apply on broken skin
- Patch test the diluted essential oil first to test for allergic reactions. Stop using if the skin reacts with a rash, soreness or itching
- Consult with an aromatherapist or medical professional before using essential oils if pregnant or using on children under two years of age