How to Use Essential Oil Diffusers
With powerful aromas at your disposal, you can use your essential oils and diffuser to transform any room. That’s why people love diffusers; they help create a custom environment that smells amazing and even matches your mood.
The best part is you can choose from dozens of essential oils to fit any room or mood. Even better, you can combine essential oils together in your diffuser to make a unique diffuser blend.
Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils
Diffusing essential oils is one of the most popular and effective ways to enjoy aromatherapy benefits. It is great for anytime you need a little help with your mood, energy levels, or just to relax and unwind from a busy day. It can also be used as an alternative natural treatment for some minor ailments like headaches.
- Cleanse and Freshen the air
An essential oil diffuser is a natural alternative to synthetic air fresheners and candles, because, unlike these products, essential oils don’t release toxins into the air. For anyone looking to create a fresh, clean environment the natural way, a diffuser is the simplest solution.
- Boost immunity
One of the effects of certain essential oils, such as eucalyptus, lemongrass, and tea tree, is immunomodulation. This includes things like stimulating certain parts of the immune system, increasing the activity of specific immune cells, and interfering with pathways associated with inflammation. For example eucalyptus essential oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is widely used as remedy for coughs and respiratory infections. Lemongrass essential oil offers strong anibacterial and antioxidant qualities. It is also associated with enhanced production of lymphocytes, the body's main type of immune cells. On the other hand, tea tree essential oil fights infections and inhibits harmful bacteria making it a notable immune booster.
- Promote energy and focus
Some essential oils have clinical research supporting claims that they may increase energy and relieve fatigue. For example, orange essential oil improves athletic performance, while peppermint essential oil have beneficial effects on learning and memory.
- Calm stress and anxiety
Lavender oil can be used to calm anxiety and also has a sedative effect that helps with sleep troubles. It is thought to calm anxiety by impacting the limbic system, the part of the brain that controls emotions. On the other hand, Orange and Peppermint promote relaxation thanks to their anxiolytic properties.
Types of Diffusers
In essence, essential oil diffusers work by emitting essential oils into the air. This means you can inhale and absorb the benefits into your body, which can aid relaxation but also works wonders for your senses.
Each diffuser uses a different process to disperse the essential oils into the air.
- Ultrasonic (Ultrasonic vibration): dispenses essential oils into the air through vibrations of a plate which causes ultrasonic waves, creating microscopic particles of oils which disperse into the air. Since no heat is used, the oil is not broken down so you can enjoy the benefits of the pure plant. It also eliminates fire hazards such as with candles, especially around children.
- Nebuliser (Force / Atomisation): This process breaks down the oils into an extremely fine mist without distoying any chemical costituents before spraying it into the air
- Heat-Driven: The process of a heat diffuser is all about heating essential oils until they evaporate.
- Passive Diffusion (Evaporative): Evaporative diffusers use a fan to disperse oil via evaporation instead of heat. Oil is usually in an absorbent material like a wik and therefore takes longer to evaporate
How to Use a Diffuser
- Pick a location for diffusing
- Choose the essential oil you want to diffuse
- Add water to the diffuser: Do not overfill the diffuser or it may not run properly
- Add a few drops of Aromanite essential oil to the diffuser: Next, add 3-10 drops of essential oils to the water. You can use a single essential oil, or an essential oil blend. Usually, 6 drops of oil is enough but sometimes you may want more oil for a stronger scent. You can experiment with the essential oil amounts to see what you prefer.
- Replace the diffuser lid and turn it on: Place cap or top of diffuser back on as your diffuser requires. Set which features you would like if your model has options like a nightlight or color changing LED lights. Turn on and enjoy the wonderful scent!
Where to Put a Diffuser
Another reason so many people love diffusers is they’re portable. You can quickly transform the feeling of any room by turning on your diffuser and adding essential oils.
- Your bedroom: Placing a diffuser beside the bed can create a custom atmosphere as you get ready for the day in the morning or prepare for sleep at night.
- The kitchen: When you want to eliminate bad odors or freshen the kitchen, putting your diffuser on a countertop quickly and effectively brings more pleasant aromas into the room.
- The family room, entryway, or common area: If you want people to walk into your house and say, “Wow, it smells great in here,” then putting a diffuser in common areas or your entryway is a good strategy. Placing a diffuser near the front room is the perfect way to guarantee that guests are always greeted with an inviting aroma.
- The bathroom: Placing a diffuser in the bathroom can help turn a boring bathroom into a luxurious spa. This is also an especially good idea when you have guests coming over.
- Office: Whether you work from home, or your own office space, diffusing while you work can create your ideal atmosphere for doing your best job.